Wasp Nest Removal in Winnersh
We are a family run business based in Woodley: we can be out to you within 24 hours of your call
Guaranteed Wasp Treatments in Winnersh
Wasps and hornets emerge from hibernation across Winnersh and Wokingham in the early spring and as we go into the summer months they become a real pest problem and one that needs to be dealt with by a professional pest control company. Here at Reading Pest Control we have over 19 years of expertise in dealing with all types of pests and not just wasps and hornets. Our technicians have a wealth of experience on hand and a variety of chemicals and application methods to ensure that we deliver a quality wasp nest removal service for our customers.
As a pest control company that delivers much more for its customers, part of our wasp nest removal service in Winnersh involves carrying out a detailed survey of your entire property; its common to find there is a main wasp nest that’s the reason for the callout and possibly a smaller one that’s gone unnoticed. The larger, dominant nest is collecting the majority of the available insects and attacking the workers from the smaller nest meaning that is development is contained The destruction of the main nest will allow the remaining one to flourish; this means that within a few weeks you will have to call out for yet another wasp nest treatment.
Our service includes a search of the grounds looking for that second or even third, fourth wasp nest so we can treat these at the same time. Unlike other pest control companies, we don’t ‘add-on’ an additional charge for this; if you’ve got a wasp’s nest and you call on us to get rid of it – that’s what we do pure and simple.
Professional Wasp and Hornet Control in Winnersh
The wasp nest removal process in Winnersh
When you have a problem with a wasp or hornets’ nest in Winnersh then you want a professional service provided by a local family run business who will give you a guarantee on the treatment provided. We have three different ways in which we can deal with a wasp or hornets nest for you:
Total Wasp Nest Removal
If the nest structure is within physical reach of the technician, we will inject a powerful pesticide powder into the interior, bag the nest up and remove it entirely from your home. The pesticide we use is incredibly fast acting and within 15 to 20 minutes of application the wasps or hornets will be dead. There may be worker wasps out hunting for insects and these stragglers will return to the area, but without the presence of the Queen wasp giving off her pheromone these workers have no purpose and so will fly off on their own accord.
Void Wasp Nest Treatment
Many wasp nests will be built in a place that’s difficult to access like deep inside a cavity where there is no physical way of getting to it, we will be unable to remove the nest in this instance. The insecticidal powder will be injected into this void and the powder will find its way to the nest and here it will kill off all the wasps along with the Queen. The advantage of this type of treatment is that those workers that are out will fly back to the nest and come into contact with the residue powder; this will kills all the wasps over a period of 4 to 6 hours
Non Toxic Wasp Traps
We also offer traps that you can place outside the property which entice the worker wasps away from communal areas like patios; these lures are hanging traps that physically attract and catch the wasp. These traps can be used in conjunction with a treatment or just to keep wasps away from your social areas. One advantage of using these lures is that they are selective; only attracting wasps and not honeybees. These traps are 100% pesticide and toxin free as well as being totally maintenance free – there is no need to clean or empty; simple hang up the trap, and at the end of the summer just throw the trap away.
Same Day Wasp and Hornet Nest Removal in Winnersh
There are some practical measures and tips that you can take to help us reduce the hazard of wasps and hornets -
• Wasps are drawn to yellow and white colours and they cannot see the colour red so when thinking about your outfit for a social gathering, choose red. Wasps are also attracted to sweet tones used in perfume and hair products.
• If you’re having a family BBQ, remember that although they are classified as insectivores, wasps will eat raw meat so keep foods covered and ensure there are no food scraps left exposed.
• Wasps are attracted to sweep sugary drinks especially as the summer wanes so keep glasses and bottles covered, a wasp sting to the mouth or throat can cause swelling with serious consequences.
• Lookout for wasps nests on your property, its common enough to see wasps all the time during the summer but if you see a steady stream of wasps flying to and from one particular area then you’re got a wasp nest nearby. This is important when they’re in the garden; wasps will nest in bushes and they can even excavate a burrow in the lawn – something you may discover when mowing the lawn!
• Wasps are attracted to light, in a dark place like a loft, a simple visit to retrieve the suitcases can lead to an unhappy encounter. During the summer if you have to visit the loft, put the light on and leave it for a few minutes before entering, wasps will leave the nest to investigate the sudden disturbance and so you’ll know if there’s a problem before you enter.
• Rinse out any recycling material before putting in the recycling boxes, this again reduces the attraction for their food sources.
Professional Wasp Treatments in Winnersh
Our technicians are fully trained pest control professionals and we don’t run a ‘pop up’ business just to deal with wasps in the summer, our staff are holders of the RSPH Level 2 Pest Management qualification and more importantly; they’re all equipped with the best personal protective equipment.
Our aim is to work safely and to create a safer environment for you and your family by removing any wasps or hornets nests in a professional manner, we are an ethical pest control company and we will not treat bee’s nests. Bee’s are beneficial to mankind and in decline from modern pesticides, we are happy to pay a free visit to your property to see a bee problem and determine if we can relocate the bee’s for you.
There are many different species of bee and some of these are completely harmless and to make matters worse they camouflage themselves as wasps! These tend to be termed masonry or mining bee’s and you’ll often find them living in the ground where it’s a sandy soil or burrowing in wall between bricks.
Professional Wasp and Hornet Treatment in Winnersh
Wasps and hornets can nest anywhere: If you find a wasp nest in Winnersh call a professional company to deal with the problem, we provide our technicians with full protective clothing and a range of chemicals. Our responsibility is to keep you safe and we do that through prompt service backed with a 100% guarantee
07491 247 999
Other pests that we deal with: