Wasp Nest Removal in Wargrave
We are a family run business based in Woodley: we can be out to you within 24 hours of your call
Guaranteed Wasp Treatments in Wargrave
Wasps and hornets appear in Wargrave in the early spring and as we go into the summer months they become a pest problem and one that really needs to be dealt with by a professional pest control company, we have over 19 years of expertise in dealing with all pests and not just wasps. Our technicians have a wealth of experience to draw upon and a range of chemicals and application methods to ensure that we deliver a first-class wasp nest removal service.
As a pest control company that delivers more for its customers, part of our wasp nest removal service in Wargrave is a survey of your entire property; wasps and hornets all emerge in the spring and its common to find that a property has one large wasp nest that’s the reason for the callout.
Somewhere else on the grounds a smaller nest has gone un-noticed; the larger, dominant nest is collecting the majority of the available insects and attacking the smaller nest meaning that is development is stunted. The removal of the main nest will allow the other one to flourish; this means that within weeks you will have to call out for yet another wasp nest treatment.
Our view is that we will search the grounds actively searching for that second or even third, fourth nest so we can treat these at the same time. Unlike many other pest control companies, we don’t ‘add-on’ an additional charge's for this; if you’ve got a wasp or a hornet's nest and you call on us to get rid of it – that’s what we do!
Professional Wasp and Hornet Control in Wargrave
The wasp nest removal process in Wargrave
If you have a problem with a wasp or hornets’ nest in Wargrave then you are looking for a professional service provided by a local family run business who will give you a guarantee on the treatment provided. We have three different ways in which we can eradicate a wasp or hornets nest for you and these are as follows:
Total Wasp Nest Removal
If the nest structure is within physical reach of the technician, we will inject a powerful pesticide powder into the interior, bag the nest up and remove the entire nest and contents from your home. The pesticide we use is incredibly fast acting and within 15 to 20 minutes of application the wasps or hornets will have died off, there may be worker wasps out hunting for insects and these stragglers will return to the area. Without the presence of the Queen wasp giving off her pheromone these workers have no purpose and so will fly off on their own accord.
Void Wasp Nest Treatment
Many wasp nests are built in a place that’s difficult to access like deep inside a cavity wall or down inside the soffit box where there is no physical way of getting to it, we will be unable to remove the nest in this instance. The insecticidal powder is injected into the void where the wasp nest is, this powder will penetrate the void finding its way to the nest and here it will kill off all the wasps along with the Queen. The advantage of this type of treatment is that those workers that are out hunting for insects will fly back to the nest and come into contact with the residue powder; this will kills all the wasps over a period of 4 to 6 hours.
Non Toxic Wasp Traps
We also offer traps that you can place outside the property which entice the worker wasps away from communal areas like patios; these lures are hanging traps that physically attract and catch the wasp. These traps can be used in conjunction with a treatment or just to keep wasps away from your social areas. One advantage of using these lures is that they are selective; only attracting wasps and not honeybees. These traps are 100% pesticide and toxin free as well as being totally maintenance free – there is no need to clean or empty; simple hang up the trap, and at the end of the summer just throw the trap away.
Same Day Wasp and Hornet Nest Removal in Wargrave
There are some practical measures that we can take to help us reduce the hazard of wasps and hornets -
• Wasps are attracted to white and yellow colours, they cannot see the colour red so when thinking about your outfit for a social gathering, choose red. Wasps are also attracted to sweet tones used in perfume and hair products.
• If you’re having a BBQ, remember that although they are classified as insectivores, wasps are drawn to raw meat so keep foods covered and ensure there are no scraps left around. This will also help keep flies away from the foods.
• Wasps are attracted to sweep sugary drinks especially as the summer wanes so keep glasses and bottles covered, a wasp sting to the mouth or throat can cause swelling with serious consequences.
• Look for wasps nests on your property, its common enough to see wasps all the time during the summer but if you see a steady stream of wasps flying to and from one particular area then it’s a sure-fire thing that you’re got a wasp nest nearby. This is important when its in the garden; bushes can hold wasps nests and they can even excavate a burrow in the lawn and live inside the ground – something you may discover when mowing the lawn!
• Wasps are attracted to light, in a dark place like a loft, a simple visit to retrieve the suitcases can lead to an unhappy encounter. In the summer if you have to visit the loft, put the light on and leave it for a few minutes, wasps will leave the nest to investigate the sudden disturbance within seconds and this is when you’d be exposed to a painful sting.
• Wash out any recycling material before putting in the recycling boxes, this again reduces the attraction for their food sources.
Professional Wasp Treatments in Wargrave
Our technicians are all fully trained pest control professionals and we don’t run a ‘pop up’ company to deal with wasps just in the summer, our staff are holders of the RSPH Level 2 Pest Management qualification and more importantly; they’re all equipped with the best personal protective equipment.
Our aim is to work safely and to create a safer environment by removing your wasp nest in a professional manner, we are an ethical pest control company and we will not treat bee’s nests. Bee’s are beneficial to mankind and under stress with modern pesticides and wireless phone signals, we are happy to pay a free visit to your property to see the problem and determine if we can relocate the bee’s for you.
There are many different species of bee and some of these are completely harmless and to make matters worse they camouflage themselves as wasps! These tend to be termed masonry or mining bee’s and you’ll often find them living in the ground where it’s a sandy soil or burrowing in through weak mortar.
Professional Wasp and Hornet Treatment in Wargrave
Wasps and hornets can nest anywhere: If you find a wasp nest in Wargrave call a professional company to deal with the problem, we provide our technicians with full protective clothing and a range of chemicals. Our responsibility is to keep you safe and we do that through prompt service backed with a 100% guarantee
07491 247 999
Other pests that we deal with: